The POLY graph

6.29.2004

DHL to the rescue

This morning I received the DHL tracking number from POLY. I went to the DHL website and checked. The package was mailed Saturday morning, Korea time, and was en route to my house. Fifteen minutes later, there was a knock at my door. DHL had arrived with the goods. Talk about speedy service! I went with Fed/Ex's fastest delivery to Korea, and they could guarantee me delivery within four days. How incredible is the age in which we live that we can deliver items within days to practically anywhere in the world! I checked the DHL website for other delivery options. One option includes Same-Day service!

After praising the speedy service to the DHL courier (Did you know that DHL bought out Airbourne Express? So said the courier...), I got underway to the Korean consulate. I submitted my passport and paperwork, and I was told that I could pick it up Thursday, July 1st after 4:00pm. I sent an email to POLY and let them know the situation. There is a possibility I could leave as early as this weekend. I will post more when I know.

Also, I finished my online TEFL course today! At least, I finished writing the coursework. Module Ten is designated as a resource/ informational module. There is no written work to do. I am waiting for my tutor to approve the work I submitted. There is another part to the TEFL course that is incomplete, the Grammar Awareness Module (GAM). The module is paper-based and is not necessary for me to complete to get my TEFL certificate. Hopefully, I'll finish the GAM by the end of this week.

Also, there is a small possibility that I may go back to Austin, if only for a day or two. I have to think about the logistics more. If I do go, it will be as early as tomorrow. Matt invited me to a Spider-Man 2 showing for Wednesday. If I don't go to Austin, Matt may come to Houston to see it with me here. Although it would be nice to have Matt here, I'll have hard time with it personally; Houston is not as entertaining and hip like Austin. Do you agree?

1 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Peter:

So you're on your way back to Korea! Wish you well. Perhaps we can see you before you go.

Adry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home