The POLY graph

12.20.2004

the ball drops

The ball drops, and Charles is dismissed. His three weeks notice starts today. I don't know what his reaction was when he was told, because I had left work while he met with Chang. There are many repercussions for Anthony and me regarding January's and February's schedule. Fortunately, I have been given a say as to how the schedule is settled.

I have been asked to take on a part of the Winter Intensive courses for a little extra pay. I would have a normal 1pm-9:00pm working schedule on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and 10:30am-9:00pm schedule on Tuesdays, and Thursdays. The time of the Winter Intensives starts in the beginning of January and ends the first week of February. I told Tim I will have to think more about it and will let him know my decision by Tuesday (tomorrow).

The main reason why I did not volunteer for the Winter Intensive courses is because during the Summer Intensive courses, my stress levels increased dramatically, and my quality of teaching diminished. Towards the end of the Summer Intensive, the morning students did not enjoy the classes as much and could not wait for it to be over, and I had become an insensitive slave driver in my afternoon classes. Upon reflection of that time, I promised myself that I would never do that again, regardless of how much money they would throw at me. Well the situation is different now, and I now have other factors to consider.

They will not find another night teacher until March. I'll write what my decision will be in a later post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home