The POLY graph

12.13.2004

Long Time, No Write

Earlier this evening, I tried answering my brother's question about why I haven't been writing to my blog. I wrote back that I wasn't sure, but what I wanted to write back was that everytime I sit down to write, I have to focus a lot of energy into organizing my thoughts so that there is some coherence to the flow of writing. I have tried a variety of ways to make that process easier on me, but all tried so far have been met with marginal success.

The other aspect to writing online is not knowing who is reading this blog. This aspect is one that I reckon with each time I post to the web. Why is it an ordeal for me? Five days a week, I play a role as teacher. When as a teacher, I try to be knowledgeable, responsible, mature, and above all else, impregnable. Yet, at the same time, I incorporate attributes of my person into the role. Those attributes are warmth, open-mindedness, compassion, and fairness. It is very hard to take a break from that role and allow myself to be completely open in this forum.

Thus are the two sides within me that create a writer's block. I hope that I post this, and if I do, it will serve as a buoy for me so that I can write later posts. Here is to another way to write again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home