The POLY graph

8.15.2004

Mongolia and pics

Its been another busy week at work. The extra time put in at work is beginning to wear on me... only two more weeks. Other than work, Stephen, my old roommate from my first Korean teaching job, and I have made plans to travel to Mongolia at the end of September. The decision was made as we found out that we were to late to book plane tickets to Kyoto Japan. It would seem that since the entire country goes on vacation at the end of September, many have planned trips well in advance. Anyhow, we found a touring package for the capital and smaller towns outside of the capital, for a somewhat decent price. If anything, it would be interesting to travel to Mongolia for 4-5 days, and experience it with my own senses.

If you are wondering why the country goes on vacation at the end of September, then I can tell you its because of a holiday that is comparable to the American Thanksgiving holiday. Similar to Thanksgiving, Chuseok is a time for many Koreans to commemorate the time of the beginning of Korean roots and ancestry. Many Koreans come together to perform various rituals and partake of family meals. Follow this link to learn more.

Other than my planning for Mongolia, I've tried posting pictures to the server that hosts my pictures. Unfortunately, the system is down temporarily and I have to wait for my brother to return from his vacation in Scotland to go to his job and fix it. If you'd like the pictures to be sent to you, then send me an email.

I'll write a follow-up post for more on my trip to Thailand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home