The POLY graph

7.23.2004

eve of thailand

I have set up a trip to Thailand.  Plans for this trip are tentative at best.  What I do know is that I will fly into Bangkok from Seoul on Saturday morning and arrive in Bangkok sometime in the mid-afternoon.  Hopefully, Jeremy, my friend who teaches in Bangkok, will be there to pick me up.  He contacted me earlier this week and we were able to coordinate a rendezvous.

Although my plans are tentative, I do have a rough outline of what I'd like to do for my week in Thailand.  I'd like to visit with Jeremy for a couple of days and then travel northward out of the city.  I will try to time my departure from Bangkok with his going to Malaysia for a teaching visa-run.  I am looking at the cities Ayuthaya and/or Chiang Mai, both are ancient and modern cultural centers that are reportedly to have golden Buddha statues that are lounging, and Chinese porcelain-layered temples/ pagodas.  Ideally, I would spend a day in these places.  From there, I would travel back through Bangkok and southeasterly to an island.  I'd like to spend the rest of my Thai tour relaxing on a remote island in the Gulf of Thailand. 

A fellow teacher from POLY has lived in Thailand for a number of years, and I've been picking her brain all week about what I could do with the little time I have.  Jeremy promises to help me with my plan as well.  With their combined help, I should be able to have a fantastic and memorable experience.

When I come back to Korea, I'll try to post the pictures I've taken.  I've got so much to do between now and the time I fly, which is in less than 12 hours!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home