The POLY graph

1.31.2005

blustery january day

Its cold, and there was no way I was going to go to the gym today in the freezing cold. I am going to have make up for it by Wednesday; hopefully the weather will be more accommodating.

I reached a kind of breaking point last Thursday night at work with one of the teachers. That night I swore I was going to burn him in effigy on this blog. I was going to write how he is a pompous, self-serving egotist whose pseudo-intellectual banter serves as a shell to hide his own inadequacies, but instead I will take greater pleasure in writing about the experience after work. Several other co-workers and I went to a 노래방, or a singing room.

It has been too long since I have had that much fun in a singing room. It's one thing to go to a singing room, and it's another to go with people who are as much into it as you are. You know you are in good company when your singing room companions jump up and dance or sing along with you. I sang a lot of songs; this is what I could remember: Age of Aquarius, Oblaidi-Oblada, Hello,Good Bye, With or Without You, Don't Worry Be Happy, Happy Together, Mrs. Robinson, and about two to three Queen songs. Everyone sang at least a song or two, except for Scott. Scott only goes to the singing room to watch and enjoy; he said he would only sing if there was a B-52's song available. We started singing around 10:15ish and left around midnight. The question on everyone's mind since then was when will this night happen again?

After that night of singing, I felt a lot better. I was able to relieve the tension that had been building that whole day.

2 Comments:

At 2:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mrs. Robinson? What are you doing singing about my mom?

 
At 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello pmg,

After reading your blog "this post", I believe you will find the wages information on my site about Jobs With Best Wages to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ...

Cafeteria Attendants Wages
Bartender Helpers Wages
Dishwashers Wages
Serving Workers Supervisors Wages
Serving Workers Managers Wages
Food Preparation Workers Managers Wages
Food Preparation Workers Supervisors Wages
Food Serving Workers Wages
Restaurant Hosts & Hostesses Wages
Food Preparation Workers Wages.

We have hundreds of "must read" articles on wages and careers and many other topics in our Top Career Wages site.

Kind Regards
Emily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home