The POLY graph

1.11.2005

New Year's in LA: a conclusion

Thursday night, the three of us strolled around Downtown for awhile, went back to Urth Caffe (the deck coffeehouse that makes great cappuccinos and lattes) , and called it a night at the apartment.

New Year's Eve: Friday, Tim leaves, and Matt and I do last minute shopping for me in the afternoon along with meeting Nick and Christine. Nick and Christine are the couple that let us crash at their place earlier in the week while they were shooting a short film in the desert. That night Matt and I discussed our plans for New Year's, and I insisted that I would be more open to ideas if I had caffeine inside me. Much was going on in the city so we had much to choose from, but alas we attended none of the events. Turns out the jetlag caught up with me, and I slept through New Year's. Later, Matt told me that he too went to bed early. We later found out that was a good thing because we both had a big day ahead of us: LAX HELL!

Originally, I intended to demonize both LAX and United for their inefficiency and poor customer service, but on second thought, I decided against it. The reason for the roasting was because it was pandemonium at the airport, and United lost my luggage. Later, as I arrived in Korea, I learned that my bag never left LAX. I eventually got my luggage intact. Matt also had difficulties. The pandemonium that was the airport confused him, and then agitated him greatly. When Matt landed in San Francisco, he had to wait 30 minutes for his bag to be unloaded from the plane. I decided against writing about here because, I lost the steam that was driving me.

I will post more from the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home