The POLY graph

2.15.2005

it's that time again

The end of the academic year is quickly approaching and that means writing comments on the report cards! Normally I wouldn't mind writing comments for students, but when its for 100+ students, then I mind just a bit. Sadly, I have resorted to writing a patterned general comment that is slightly modified for the individual student. I guess I must sacrifice creativity for productivity. For the curious, the template is posted below...

(Student) has shown steady improvement in (his/her) grammar, vocabulary, and writing abilities over the past semester. Transitioning to the next grade should be easy for (him/her) if (he/she) continues to work hard. Good luck next year, (student)!
Yet, I can't use this model for all of my students. For the students who have consistently done poorly on their work, I have to write individual comments. An example is written below...

Over this past, David's quality of work and participation have steadily declined. David must learn that if he is to improve, then he must actively use English as much as possible. I wish him the best of luck in the next year.
I have more report cards to write, but I am almost finished.

1 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

자기야~~~

I also feel same feeling... and do similar things all the time..
I also have to write 65 report cards this month... which is not nice....

Anyway.. Parents always want to see the physical evidence..

Personally... I think.. if we didn't need to do a lot of paper works... it will improve our teaching quality more... don't you think so...?

again.. enjoying reading your weblog and... Good luck with that monster this week...


Love you and miss you a lot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home